The Recipe Files

A collaborative blog for sharing recipes, locating great restaurants and upholding the proposition that we live to eat.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Turducken Update

I placed an order for turducken at cajungrocer.com. It was $65 for the turducken and $24 for shipping. Soooo...definitely not something for every Thanksgiving, but it'll be an interesting food experiment. I'll write about my verdict in early December.

One possible snag. I'm actually attending a wedding out of town that weekend, so I'll be eating the leftover and will eat turducken fresh. I hope that'll only be a minor snag.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe capons are really big roosters. Sounds good.

I wish I knew about the pate, I would have asked my parents to bring some back for me...it sounds good enough to risk botulism.

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure if pate, like any other meat product, would be *allowed* to cross the border. And pate doesn't travel well, it needs to be kept cold like any delicatessen item (pack it with a frozen gel pack).

Unless you don't do dairy products, I just discovered a lovely cheese from Quebec, called La Riopelle...a triple creme brie that's ripened to give it very rich, deep flavour (not your usual supermarket brie).

8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I like supermarket brie! (not the yucky Vie la France stuff, but the youngish Costco brie)

That sounds very intriguing. I must one day make a mid-winter visit to Montreal.

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home